“Supporting the Profession to Safeguard the Client”
With more than 300 members across the United Kingdom, the Fire and Security Association (FSA), is the fastest growing representative body for companies that design, install, commission, maintain and monitor electronic fire and security systems.
As a specialist division of the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA), and working in partnership with SELECT, the Scottish electro-technical trade association, the FSA is uniquely positioned to improve industry standards and develop its member's businesses.
FSA members represent all sizes of professional companies from local suppliers with only a few operatives to large multi-service companies.
All work to exacting British and European technical standards and are independently assessed and third party certificated.
Through the ECA's well-established consultative and advisory structure, FSA members have direct access to the latest industry developments and have the opportunity to contribute actively to those developments.
The FSA aims to:
- Provide a highly effective membership platform, upon which the specialist services, skills, expertise and interests of members can be developed further and actively represented and promoted to both the business and wider end-user community
- Increase productivity and professionalism across the electronic fire and security systems sectors by supporting the development of both technical standards and new occupational standards, apprenticeship schemes, training programmes and qualifications that are relevant to member's needs and are accessible to the wider industry
- Actively develop and maintain collaborative relationships with Government departments, public bodies, trade associations, standard setting bodies, institutions, inspectorates, certification bodies and other industry stakeholders in order to effectively represent the interests of members
- Disseminate timely information to members, potential members, key stakeholders and the wider end-user community in order to raise awareness of key issues affecting the electronic fire and security systems industry and its customer base and respond appropriately
- Work to create and sustain a quality driven, innovative, profitable and responsible fire and security systems industry.